Configuring Contours with Competence and Expertise
Body contouring surgery improves the overall appearance of the body. The surgeon achieves this by eliminating the fat, tightening the skin, and reshaping several body areas. The procedure is effective in people who have saggy skin due to significant weight loss. In addition, it improves the tone of the underlying tissue. The areas that may undergo contouring are the face, abdomen, upper arms, breasts, and thighs. Some patients may require various methods to achieve desired results.
With the best infrastructure and personnel, Medica’s team of skilled cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons makes our patients’ dreams into reality. Our surgeons are skilled and experienced in using the most up-to-date techniques to give our patients the finest possible results.
Free Doctor Assessment
Why is Body Sculpting used?
Body sculpting helps make or feel people thin or reshape their bodies. The doctor recommends this procedure when diet, exercise, or other non-invasive options are not effective. The body sculpting procedure also involves the removal of excess skin. Removal of extra skin makes people look younger. Further, removing extra skin allows the person to get rid of saggy, loose, or wrinkled skin that occurs due to significant weight loss.
However, not every person losing significant weight is eligible for a body contouring procedure. Factors affecting the need for body contouring surgery include age, sun exposure levels, genetics, and weight distribution. The site of weight loss also affects the decision of whether to undergo body contouring surgery.
Types of Body Contouring:
There are two types of body contouring procedures. These are:
Non-surgical: The non-surgical method of body contouring involves lipolysis. Lipolysis breaks the fat cells, thereby reducing fatty tissue volume. There are several methods for lipolysis. These are:
- LASER Lipolysis: The surgeon uses LASER to break the fat cells in this method.
- Injectable lipolysis: The surgeon injects deoxycholic acid for lipolysis.
- Cryolipolysis: The fat cells are destroyed with the help of very cold temperatures.
- Radiofrequency lipolysis: Ultrasound waves are used to target fat cells.
Surgical: Some of the surgical options for body contouring are:
- Liposuction: The surgeon removes the fat cells through suction in this procedure.
- Tucks and lifts: These procedures involve removing the extra skin and fat from the body. The methods differ according to the site of surgery. The types of procedures include breast lift, facelift, tummy tuck, and double chin surgery.
When is Body Sculpting a Good Option?
Body contouring is an excellent option to bring the body back in shape. There are several procedures for body contouring. Combining these procedures allows the person to get rid of excessive fat and tighten the loose muscles and skin. These surgeries are effective in people who are adults with stabilized weight loss. It should be considered in people who do not have any disease that impairs healing. It is a good option for people committed to leading a healthy lifestyle and looking for realistic goals.
Body contouring surgery is a rapidly evolving field in plastic surgery
Seek help from an expertCall Now
What are the Advantages of Body Sculpting?
There are several advantages to body contouring. Some of them are:
- Improvement in the overall body appearance: It improves the overall appearance of different body parts.
- Enhancing confidence: When the person feels good about body image, there is an increase in confidence.
- Youthful appearance: With improvement in elasticity, smooth skin, and removal of excess skin, the person looks much younger.
- Immediate and noticeable results: Surgery provides fast results. Non-surgical options deliver results in weeks or months.
Some of the risks or complications of body sculpting surgery are:
- The person may have bleeding or formation of clots.
- The person may have an infection or hair loss at the site of the incision. Further, in some cases, the incision does not heal properly.
- There may be an injury to blood vessels, nerves, organs or muscles. Nerve injury may result in numbness or weakness.
- The patient may also have risks associated with anesthesia, such as nausea and vomiting.
- The patient may have scarring or skin discolouration.
- The patient may also have chronic pain and swelling.
The initial results of body contouring are immediately visible. However, it may take around 1-2 years for the complete results. Also, the surgery results are long-lasting. The person should maintain a healthy lifestyle and prevent any weight gain to prolong the effect of surgery. However, as the person ages, the impact of surgery diminishes. The patient may not achieve the desired results with a single type of surgery in some cases. In such cases, the doctor may recommend additional surgery. The patient should follow all the instructions of the surgeons to improve the outcome. Take good care of the incision to avoid complications.