Dr. Kunal Sarkar
Senior Vice Chairman, Senior Cardiac Heart Surgeon & Head MICS
FRCS (ED), FRCS (Glasg), MNMS
Monday to Saturday
10am – 4pm
Dr. Kunal Sarkar is one of the Most Experienced Heart Surgeon in Kolkata. He specializes in Complex Heart Surgeries, ECMO, CABG, and Congenital Heart Disease. He is also the Director and Head of Cardiac Surgery at Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata. Dr. Sarkar is well known for his high success rate in Coronary, Heart Bypass Surgery with over 18,000 happy patients.
Areas Of Expertise
- Off-Pump CABG
- Without the support of Heart-Lung machine, More than 90% cases.
- Bloodless Heart surgery.
- Complex Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Total Arterial Bypass Grafting Surgery – Off-pump (LIMA RIMA Y).
- CABG with Endarterectomy.
- Combined Surgery (CABG + Valve Surgery).
- Aortic Surgery (Aortic Aneurysm, Aortic Dissection).
- REDO Surgery (2nd time CABG, Valve Replacement Surgery).
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery.
- Surgery for Heart Failure.
- Surgery for Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
- Ventricular Assist Devices.
- Jan 2013 – Present: Sr. Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata.
- April 2001 – Dec 2012 : Vice President, Narayana Hrudyalaya group of Hospitals
- April 1996 – May 2001: Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Peerless Hospital, Kolkata
- President – Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
- Chairman – Kolkata Heart Foundation, Calcutta Debating Circle, Kolkata Sukriti Foundation
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, and Glasgow
- Faculty of Imperial College London