Dr Nilotpal Dutta
Consultant - Department of Neuro-Otology (Vertigo & Balance Clinic)
MBBS, DLO, MS (ENT) MRCS (ENT) (UK) DOHNS (England), FRSPH (London), MRCPS GLASGOW (UK)
Fellowship in Neurotology (Vertigo & Balance Disorders)(Cal),(Chennai)
Trained in Pediatric Vestibular Medicine, Liverpool(UK)
Neurotology (Vertigo & Balance)
Monday to Saturday
Dr. Nilotpal Dutta is one of the Most Experienced and Best Vertigo Specialist in Kolkata. He specializes in Complex Vertigo and Balance problems together with various hearing, migraine, and tinnitus issues. He is also the Incharge of the Dept of Neurotology (Vertigo and Balance Clinic) at Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata. Dr. Dutta is well known for his high success rate in the management of complex Vertigo, Hearing, and balance disorders with over 1,000 happy patients till now.
Areas Of Expertise
- All types of diagnostic neurotological procedures like VNG, DVA, VHIT, SVV, CCG, cVEMP, o VEMP, EcochG
- All types of therapeutic maneuvers like Epley’s, Semont’s, Modified Gufonis’, Barbeque, and Yacovino’s for the treatment of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo done by him.
- Surgery for Vertigo and Balance disorders like Posterior semi-circular canal occlusion, vestibular neurectomy, endolymphatic sac resection.
- Treatment of Tinnitus, Psychogenic Vertigo, complex headaches, and migraine.
Experience and Training
- After initial training in ENT & Head Neck Surgery, he did his dual fellowship in Neurotology.
- Fellowship in Neurotology (IAOHNS),(Cal)
- Travel Fellowship in Vertigo and Balance disorders (Chennai)
- International Vestibular Diploma Course (Italy)
- Only amongst a very few in India with 4 years of intensive training in various aspects of diagnostic & therapeutic Neurotology.
- Advanced training in Paediatric Vestibular Medicine at Alder Hay Hospitals, Liverpool, UK
- Co-Author of the book ENT Residency made it easy for postgraduates and wrote the chapter on Neurotology.
- Member of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow (UK)
- Association of otolaryngologists of India (AOI)
- Indian Academy of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery (IAOHNS)
- Indian Society Of Otology (ISO)
- Neuroequilibriometric Society of World (NES,Hungary)
- Neuroequilibriometric Society of India
- West Bengal chapter of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India (WBAOI)