Dr. Vikash Kapoor
Vice Chairman, Medica Group of Hospitals
Group Director - Orthopaedics
Joint Replacement & Arthroscopic Surgeon
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics)
Fellow Sports Medicine (Singapore)
Monday to Saturday
11am – 2pm
Dr. Vikash Kapoor is a Senior Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon with more than 8,000 successful orthopedic procedures under his belt. He leads the Medica Institute of Orthopedic Sciences as its Director. He has successfully treated patients suffering from Joint Disease, Sports and Work injuries, and those in need of Arthroscopy, Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Surgeries, among other things, after receiving extensive training in Musculoskeletal Disorders. By completing the first bilateral knee replacement surgery in Bangladesh, he has carved out a niche for himself. He was asked to do joint replacement surgeries as a guest joint replacement surgeon by Bangladesh’s current Health Minister.
He has an Experience of more than 15,000 joint replacements- series of largest simultaneous Bilateral TKR (Total Knee Replacement) with an experience of more than 13000 ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) reconstruction till date as of 2022.
To his credit, he did the first BIL TKR (Bilateral Total Knee Replacement) in the history of Bangladesh and Manipur and was invited as Guest Joint Replacement Surgeon by the ex Health Minister, Bangladesh. He has been an active academician and NBE (National Board of Examinations) examiner for Post Graduate exams in Orthopaedics along with being the only mentor for FNB (Fellowship of National Board) Arthroplasty course in Eastern India which is under his care in Kolkata.
Areas Of Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Joint Diseases
- Work Injuries
- Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Surgeries
- Dislocation, Knee Pain, Lower Back Pain.
- Core Speciality in Knee / Shoulder Surgeries
- Joint Replacement including Hips and Sports injuries
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Sports Medicine Fellowship at Singapore General Hospital
- Visiting Fellow at various hospitals across Australia
- Attended ISAKOS 2008 at Florence, Italy
Awards & Honours
- AO Fellow at Davos, Switzerland for Geriatric Fracture training
- Gold Medal of U.P. State Chapter Of Indian Orthopedic Association (1995)
- Gold Medal of U.P. State Chapter Of Indian Orthopedic Association (1996)
- Awarded U.P. Chapter Exchange Fellowship 1996
- Represented the West Bengal Orthopedic Association in National Orthopedic Quiz (1997)
- Awarded Johnson & Johnson National Fellowship of Indian Orthopedic Association (1998)