Comprehensive Care for your Sexual Health
The state of physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality is known as sexual health. It is a crucial part of the human life cycle and, like any other activity, provides psychological fulfillment. In contemporary times of rapid and troubled living activities or lifestyles, having an active sex life is a requirement rather than a choice. Sexual disorders are becoming more common for a variety of reasons, and many people are affected by them. As we all know, taking care of our sexual lives is just as vital as taking care of our other health concerns. With today’s technology, you can acquire a variety of therapy options for a variety of sexual issues. So, when it comes to us as a healthcare provider to enable you with a more permanent solution, our motto is to go above and beyond to do so. Erectile dysfunction treatment is one such facet of the services we provide to our patients.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
The inability to obtain and maintain a hard adequate erection for intercourse is referred to as erectile dysfunction (impotence). Having erection issues now and then isn’t usually a cause for alarm. However, if erectile dysfunction is a long-term condition, it can create stress, lower self-esteem, and lead to interpersonal issues. Problems obtaining or maintaining an erection can be a symptom of a more serious underlying health condition, as well as a risk factor for heart disease. Erectile dysfunction can sometimes be reversed simply by treating the underlying disease. In some circumstances, drugs or other forms of direct treatment are required. The experts at Medica are skilled in working on such types of sexual ailments and dysfunctions. Our professionals are some of the best doctors in the country and have executed the highest level of precision in their endeavor of treating male impotence.
Free Doctor Assessment
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Some of the most common symptoms of erectile dysfunction could include:
- Having difficulty obtaining an erection
- Having trouble maintaining an erection
- Sexual desire is lessened or diminished
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
The brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels all play a role in male sexual desire. An issue with any of these can cause erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can also be caused or worsened by stress and mental health issues.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a mix of physical and psychological factors. Anxiety about sustaining an erection, for example, may be caused by a minor physical problem that slows your sexual response. Erectile dysfunction can be caused or worsened by the worry that results.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a variety of physical factors.
Among the most common causes are:
- Coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Parkinson’s disease
- Surgical procedures or damage to the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Low testosterone levels
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medications that are prescribed
- Tobacco consumption
- Peronei’s disease is characterized by the formation of scar tissue within the penis
- Substance addiction
- Sleep disturbances
- Prostate cancer and enlarged prostate treatments
Erectile dysfunction has psychological origins as well.
Starting with sensations of sexual excitement, the brain plays a major role in triggering the cascade of physical processes that lead to an erection. Erectile dysfunction can be caused or worsened by a variety of factors that interfere with sexual sensations. These are some of them:
- Anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues
- Relationship issues resulting from stress, poor communication, or other issues
Our expert professionals are here to assist you with any health needs. Treatment for erectile dysfunction is one such effigy. To get started, give us a call or schedule an online appointment.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is very common in India with over 10 million cases per year
Seek help from an expertCall Now
For many patients, a doctor can diagnose erectile dysfunction and propose treatment based on a physical exam and answers to questionnaires (medical history). If you have a chronic health problem or your doctor feels an underlying issue is at play, you may require additional tests or a specialist visit.
The following tests may be used to look for underlying conditions:
- Physical Examination: This may entail a thorough examination of your penis and testicles, as well as a test of your nerves for sensitivity.
- Blood Test: A blood sample may be sent to a lab to check for indicators of heart disease, diabetes, low testosterone levels, and other health issues.
- Urinalysis: Urine tests, like blood testing, are used to look for indicators of diabetes and other underlying illnesses.
- Ultrasound: This test is normally done in a doctor’s office by a specialist. It entails holding a wand-like device (transducer) over the blood arteries supplying the penis. It generates a video image that your doctor can use to determine if you have blood flow issues.
Erectile dysfunction treatment can only begin after the doctor has ascertained the cause of your condition.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
The first thing your doctor will do is make sure you’re getting the proper therapy for any health problems that may be causing or exacerbating your erectile dysfunction.
You may have a variety of therapy choices depending on the origin and degree of your erectile dysfunction, as well as any underlying health concerns. Your doctor will discuss the risks and advantages of each treatment with you and will take your preferences into account. Your treatment decisions may also be influenced by your partner’s preferences