Warm, tender, swollen joints can be symptoms of underlying conditions like arthritis or dislocation. Some of the most common types of arthritis include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, psoriatic arthritis, and septic arthritis. Home remedies can help prevent swollen joints. However, consult your doctor if the pain is accompanied by fever and if you cannot find a specific cause of the pain.
Consult Our Experts
Managing warm, tender, and swollen joints
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a cloth for 10 minutes at a time to ease the pain
- Avoid sitting on low chairs and couches
- Maintain a good posture
- Avoid being inactive for a prolonged period
- Watch your weight and have a healthy diet
- Regular light exercise is essential
It is always advisable to consult your doctor if the problem persists. Book an appointment now.