Configuring Contours with Competence and Expertise
Breast lift has become a common surgical procedure among women. It is also called mastopexy. It is essentially a treatment for sagging breasts. Usually, plastic surgeons perform this breast lifting treatment. It is to transform the shape and size of the breasts. During this breast lift, the surgeon removed excess skin. The breast tissue is then reshaped. This procedure helps raise the shape of the breasts. Breast firming treatment can improve your self-confidence and self-image. It is a major reason why women opt for a breast lift. There is no significant change in the breast size. It is done to improve the shape of the breast. Breast reduction or augmentation are other procedures done along with a breast lift.
With the best infrastructure and personnel, Medica’s team of skilled cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons makes our patients’ dreams into reality. Our surgeons are skilled and experienced in using the most up-to-date techniques to give our patients the finest possible results.
Free Doctor Assessment
Who Should Consider a Breast Lift (Mastopexy)?
There are several reasons for considering a breast lift. As we get older, our breasts change. They lose firmness and elasticity. You can opt for a breast lift for various reasons. Some of these can be:
- Post-pregnancy: The ligaments supporting the breasts stretch during pregnancy. This happens as the breasts get heavier and fuller. This stretching may result in sagging breasts. The sagging can happen with or without breastfeeding.
- Weight Fluctuations: Frequent changes in weight can reduce elasticity within the breast skin. This can result in a sagging boob.
How is a Breast Lift helpful?
A breast firming treatment can reduce sagging. This is done by raising the location of your nipples and their areolae. An areola is the darker area that surrounds the nipples. The areolae size is reduced to ensure the right proportion with the new shape of the breasts. A person can also consider mastopexy in the following cases:
- Your breasts are sagging. There is no volume and shape, or they have become longer and flatter.
- Both your areolas and nipples have started to point downward
- The areolae are stretching out-of-proportion to the breasts
- One of the breasts falls lower compared to the other
What Do You Need Before Surgery?
You might need the following before the surgery:
- Take a mammogram: A mammogram can help record the changes. Take a standard mammogram pre-surgery. After a few weeks, take another one. This will provide a record of the changes within the breast tissue.
- Stop smoking: You will need to stop smoking as it reduces blood flow. This can reduce the process of healing.
- Avoid specific medications: These include aspirin, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs. These can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Support during recovery: You must have support during your recovery process. These include driving you home and staying with your post-recovery. You may seek help during daily activities like washing hair.
- Check your weight: You should be at a doctor’s recommended weight. Consider dietary changes and exercise to reach the goal weight before the surgery.
What to Expect During a Breast Lift ?
You can opt for an outpatient facility or a hospital for a breast lift. Sometimes the process requires sedation or local anesthesia. Some cases might need general anesthesia.
During the process
There are different techniques for removing breast skin or reshaping breast tissues. The procedure can take around 2-3 hours and the patient can get a same-day discharge.
After the process
Post lift, the breasts are covered with a support bra and gauze. You might need small tubes at the site of the incision. This is to drain the excess fluid or blood and have bruised and swollen breasts for around two weeks.
- Avoid lifting, bending, and straining for a few days.
- Reduce pressure off the breasts by sleeping on your side or back.
- Sexual activities of all kinds should be avoided for at least two weeks.
- Bandage removal should be done under supervision or by the doctor.
- The doctor will remove your stitches within a few weeks post-breast lift.
- Keep your surgical bra for a minimum of three to four days. Post that you can opt for a softer support bra.
- You may need gel or silicone taken within the incisions. This promotes the healing process.
- Avoid sun exposure during the healing process.
The procedure of breast lift is not free of risks. Some of these are:
- Changes in breast or nipple sensation
- Asymmetry or irregularity of breast
- Total or partial loss of areola or nipples
- Difficulty in breastfeeding
Apart from the above, the procedure may possess general surgical risks. These include the risk of infection, bleeding, or allergic reaction.
You will feel an immediate transformation in your appearance. The shape of your breasts will keep changing until it is settled in the next 2-3 months. Your bra size will automatically reduce. This is because the breasts have become rounder and firmer. The internet may offer saggy breast treatment without surgery such as DIY methods, but they rarely work. Always look for the best plastic surgeon in town with the right knowledge and the right hospital or clinic to back the procedure.