Dr. Rupa Banerjee
Consultant - Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery
Pediatric Urology and Laparoscopic Surgery
MBBS, DrNB Pediatric Surgery (Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi)
Mon, Fri, Sat – 9 am to 12 pm
Thurs – 4 pm to 5 pm
Dr. Rupa Banerjee – A leading light in Pediatric Surgery. She hails from the esteemed Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and stands as one of Kolkata’s foremost pediatric surgeons. Her expertise, honed at a young age, encompasses a wide range of complex and challenging surgical cases. Specializing in Pediatric Urology, Oncology, Neonatal, and Laparoscopic surgeries, Dr. Banerjee is particularly adept at correcting complex urogenital anomalies. With a successful track record of thousands of cases over the last two years, Dr. Banerjee combines her meticulous surgical skill with a profound sense of empathy, delivering not just medical solutions but also hope and comfort to countless children and their families.
Areas of Expertise
- Neonatal surgeries like Anorectal malformation, Hirschsprung’s disease, Small bowel atresia, Meconium ileus, Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, Posterior urethral valve, Esophageal atresia with tracheoesophageal fistula, Necrotizing enterocolitis, Myelomeinigocele and many more congenital neonatal emergencies.
- Emergency pediatric surgical cases like Intussusception, acute appendicitis, Meckel’s diverticulum, band obstruction and trauma
- Pediatric Urology – Hypospadias, Epispadias, Renal anomalies like pelvi urteric junction obstruction, Bladder anomalies like vesico-ureteric reflux, Ureteroceles and many more.
- Pediatric solid tumors
- Pediatric thoracic surgeries
- 1.1.2023 till date Consultant, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata
- 4.4.2022 till date Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Surgery, IIMSAR and B C Roy Medical college, Haldia
- 1.9.2021 to 1.4.2022 – Visiting consultant in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, NRSMCH, Kolkata
- 1.2.2021 to 31.8.2021 – Junior Consultant in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Apollo Hospitals, Kolkata
- 17.8.2020 to 30.12.2020 – Senior Resident in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at AIIMS, Bhubaneswar.
- 21.6.2019 to 1.8.2020 – Senior Resident and special training in Pediatric Urology under the Head of department Dr Satish Kumar Aggarwal in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Executive member (youngest member in the committee) in Society for Pediatric Urology, Part of Indian association of Pediatric Surgery dealing with Pediatric Urology.
- Member of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgery