Dr. Soumya Patra
Senior Consultant - Interventional Cardiology
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics), DM (Cardiology), FACC (USA), FESC (Europe), FRCP (Glasgow), FRCP (London), FSCAI (USA), FICC
Monday to Saturday
10am – 3pm
Monday to Saturday
Dr. Soumya Patra is an accomplished Interventional Cardiologist with over 10 years of experience. Following his MBBS in 2004, he earned an MD in Pediatrics from Lady Hardinge Medical College in New Delhi in 2009, and a DM in Cardiology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore in 2014. In 2015, he was awarded a fellowship by the American College of Cardiology, and in 2016, he received a fellowship from the European Society of Cardiology. He has an extensive experience in performing Complex Coronary Angioplasty, IVUS (Intravascular Ultrasound) and OCT guided Coronary Intervention, Rotablation, IVL and Orbital Atherectomy assisted Coronary Intervention, Peripheral and Carotid Angioplasty, Structural Heart Intervention (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation- TAVI, Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion), Adult Congenital Heart disease Intervention, Cardiac Device Implantation (Pacemaker, CRT, Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator- ICD implantation and Conduction system pacing), Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis Intervention. He has to his credit more than 5000 Coronary Angioplasty procedures.
Areas Of Expertise
- Coronary Intervention
- Peripheral Intervention
- Cardiac Pacing and Device Implantation
- Clinical Cardiology
- Structural Heart Intervention
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease and Intervention
- Present: Senior Consultant, Medica Superspecialty Hospital
- Over 10 Years of Experience
- Member of the Indian College of Cardiology
- Member of the Cardiological Society of India
- Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Member of the American College of Cardiology
- Member of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention
- Member of the European Society for Acute Cardiac Care
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology.
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology.
- Fellow of Royal College of Physician (Glasgow).
- Fellow of Royal College of Physician (London).
- Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology.
- Governing Body Member of Indian College of Cardiology (2020-2022).
- East Zonal Executive Member of Indian College of Cardiology (2022-2023).
- Assistant Secretary of Cardiological Society of India, West Bengal Branch (2022-2024)